Bo is a Ph.D. student in Geographic Information Science with a doctoral minor in ECE Machine Learning at Spatial Computing and Data Mining Lab, Department of Geography, University of Wisconsin - Madison, working with Dr. Qunying Huang.
He is awarded the Microsoft AI for Earth Grant in 2020. He worked as a research intern at Los Alamos National Laboratory supported by the Applied Machine Learning Summer Research Fellowship for summer 2020. He was a research assistant at Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2014-2017.
He received the M.Sc. in ECE (Machine Learning track) from UW-Madison, the M.Sc. in Geographic Information System from University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, and the B.Eng. in Remote Sensing from Wuhan University.
- [09/2020] Passed the General PhD Qualifying Exam.
- [08/2020] Completed Summer Research Internship at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- [06/2020] Summer Research Intern for machine learning and computer vision at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- [05/2020] Awarded the Microsoft AI for Earth Grant as the principal investigator (PI). (blog post)
- [05/2020] Offered Applied Machine Learning Summer Research Fellowship for Summer 2020 by Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- [04/2020] Received the Trewartha Graduate Research Award from Geography Department at UW-Madison.
- [03/2020] Received the Doctoral Minor in Machine Learning from ECE at UW-Madison.
- [03/2020] Received the William A. Fischer Memorial Scholarship from American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS).
- [01/2020] Senior Teaching Assistant for CS/ECE 532 Matrix Methods in Machine Learning, Spring 2020.
- More news...
Research topics span remote sensing, machine learning, computer vision, image processing, and disaster resilience. Some example projects include:
Role: Principal Investigator (PI)
Sponsor: Microsoft AI for Earth Grant
Role: Research Assistant
PI: Dr. Qunying Huang
Sponsor: National Science Foundation
( *research advisor )
Zonglin Meng, Bo Peng, Qunying Huang*
2nd ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Advances on Resilient and Intelligent Cities (ARIC), 2019
Patch Similarity Convolutional Neural Network for Urban Flood Extent Mapping Using Bi-Temporal Satellite Multispectral ImageryBo Peng, Zonglin Meng, Qunying Huang*, Caixia Wang
Remote Sensing, 2019
Bo Peng, Xinyi Liu, Zonglin Meng, Qunying Huang*
3rd ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop on AI for Geographic Knowledge Discovery (GeoAI), 2019
Fast Real-Time Causal Line-wise Progressive Hyperspectral Anomaly Detection via Cholesky DecompositionLifu Zhang*, Bo Peng, Feizhou Zhang, Lizhe Wang, Hongming Zhang, Peng Zhang, Qingxi Tong*
IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2017
Bo Peng, Lifu Zhang*, Taixia Wu, Hongming Zhang
IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2016
CS/ECE/ME 532 - Matrix Methods in Machine LearningSenior Teaching Assistant, Spring 2020
Teaching Assistant, Fall 2019
GEOG 377 - Intro to Geographic Information SystemsLecturer / Instructor, Summer 2020
Teaching Assistant, Spring 2019
GEOG 574 - Spatial DatabaseTeaching Assistant, Fall 2018
Web stats: hits!
© 2020 Bo Peng. All Rights Reserved.