- CS/ECE 532 - Matrix Methods in Machine Learning
Senior Teaching Assistant, Spring 2020
Teaching Assistant, Fall 2019
- An introduction to machine learning that focuses on matrix methods and features real-world applications ranging from classification and clustering to denoising and data analysis. Mathematical topics covered include: linear equations, regression, regularization, the singular value decomposition, and iterative algorithms. Machine learning topics include: the lasso, support vector machines, kernel methods, clustering, dictionary learning, neural networks, and deep learning.
- GEOG 377 - Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
Lecturer / Instructor, Summer 2019
Teaching Assistant, Spring 2019
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) deals with the analysis and management of geographic information. This course offers an introduction to methods of managing and processing geographic information. Emphasis will be placed on the nature of geographic information, data models and structures for geographic information, geographic data input, data manipulation and data storage, spatial analytic and modelling techniques, and error analysis
- GEOG 574 - Spatial Database
Teaching Assistant, Fall 2018
- Designing databases provides a foundation for GIS functions and web applications. Students will investigate techniques used for designing databases in non-spatial environments and explore “spatial” considerations while developing a spatial database for GIS problems.